Thursday, January 8, 2009

2008: Year In Review...

I got this survey off of my friend Chelse's blog. She just had a baby in June and made a comment that she wished she had filled this out last year before she had Tylee b/c she was sure her answers would be SO different. So I thought...hmm...maybe I should do it? And here it is!

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Got Married

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I'm not sure I made one last year, this year my resolution is to walk every other day - I'm doing OK so far, but work has been taking over so I'm not going to say I've been perfect!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Let's see Kelli, Chelse, my brother's wife - Adrianne, Jayci, Amy...there might be more friends but I can't think of any right now...Next year it's my TURN!

4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes

5. What countries did you visit? Just the US of A

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? A bigger salary! Haha

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? September 13th - the day I got married and October 3rd - the day Addy was born and the day we found out we were expecting.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting through the whole wedding process alive and keeping most of my friends throughout the whole ordeal!

9. What was your biggest failure? Letting some relationships fall apart.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No

11. What was the best thing you bought? Our house and my car!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Miss Jennifer - she was with me every step of the way throughout the whole year!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I'm not going to comment on this one, but there is one person.

14. Where did most of your money go? House and Wedding

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Being back in Pitt and not traveling anymore for work!

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Not sure on this one...

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder?b) thinner or fatter?c) richer or poorer? Happier, Fatter, Poorer - Richer in spirit though...

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Made time to just have fun and relax.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Eat! Haha! and Stress about the small things!

20. How did you spend Christmas? Christmas Eve @ Chris' grandparents, Christmas Day @ Chris' parents, The Saturday after in Chanute with my side of the family (Mom, Derek, Adrianne, Addy, Dad, and Stacy).

21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Stayed in love.

22. What was your favorite TV program? Criminal Minds

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Hate - no. Miss - yes.

24. What was the best book you read? Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy - only book I read!

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Satellite Radio??

26. What did you want and get? Married.

27. What did you want and not get? The perfect wedding - I don't think that ever happens.

28. What was your favorite film of this year? Watched too many, no favorite.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I think we did dinner and a movie - I turned 25.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? No stress.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Dresses, Dresses, Dresses!

32. What kept you sane? Not sure I stayed sane at some points - Jenny I guess.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Didn't fancy it, but was shocked by Heath Ledger's death in January.

34. What political issue stirred you the most? Sarah Palin

35. Who did you miss? I missed seeing all my old friends.

36. Who was the best new person you met? Dawn

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Don't stress the small stuff and people grow apart and it's OK.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "Just live your life." - Rhianna

1 comment:

Dawn Allen said...

I think you're the best too!! :)