Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Years Survey

This is my THIRD year filling out the New Years Survey - hard to believe we've been on this journey together this long! Here's to looking forward to an exciting 2011! Happy New Year!

1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before? "Went zip lining with my BFF Taryn while on vacation in Branson! It was SO.MUCH.FUN!"

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? "My 2010 resolution was to lose at least 20 pounds before Jack's first bday - well that didn't happen! HOWEVER, I have lost about 16 pounds since September so I'm on my way! Another 8 pounds I'll be back to the weight I was when I got pregnant, another 15 - I'd be in HEAVEN! My 2011 resolution is to just ENJOY.THE.MOMENT. stop stressing about the little things!"

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? "Yes! Chelsea delivered Bobby on April 22nd, Jenny delivered Sophia Claire on December 8th, and Madeline gave birth to Cali Rose on December 10th."

4. Did anyone close to you die? "No."

5. What countries did you visit? "Unfortunately none - we seriously need to plan a vacation in 2011!."

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? "Less Debt! We had to get a new roof on the house this October, which was totally unexpected, unplanned, unsaved for. The roof was only 3 years old when we purchased the house, unfortunately the previous owner had re-shingled to cover up a HUGE issue that then fell on us to fix as the problem made itself known!"

7. What dates froom 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? "September 13th was our 2 year anniversary and Chris took it upon himself to plan an overnight trip for us to KC to stay on the Plaza and have a Fancy dinner - so sweet!"

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? "I'd say starting on the path of getting healthy again. I joined the Y in February and began taking classes over my lunch hour, I ran with Jack 2-3 nights a week on top of that, and I've been learning to eat better and eat less - I'm starting to feel good again!"

9. What was your biggest failure? "Stress! I still can't seem to shake it - I'm anxious, I'm emotional, I'm angry, I have mood swings. I'm really trying to work with myself personally and also with my doctors to find a solution that fits/works for me! Hopefully 2011 will be the year of LESS.STRESS!"

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? "In May I found out I was Severly Anemic. I started giving blood every 8 weeks as soon as I went back to work, which was also 10 weeks after I had Jack. By February I went to give blood and my iron was too low, so I had my doctor check my levels the next time we checked my Thyroid. The results were shocking - my doctor said I was the 2nd lowest patient she has ever seen as far as my iron levels were considered. I ended up having to have five IV infusions over two weeks, but it's all good now!"

11. What was the best thing you bought? "New furniture for our living room!"

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

14. Where did most of your money go? "Sadly, bills. We are really striving to get the roof loan paid off by April/May so that we can do some painting/cleaning around the house and then list it FOR SALE!"

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? "Watching Jack turn from a Baby to a Toddler! It's seriously amazing! He is a little MAN now - he walks and talks and definitely has a mind/attitude of his own!"

16. What song will always remind you of 2010? "Like a G6 - Far East Movement"

17. Compared to this time last year are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? "I'm not sadder, but I'm still working on the happier, I'm THINNER!, and I guess poorer since we have an extra loan on the house for the roof!"

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? "Enjoyed all the little things."

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? "Again, stress!"

20. How did you spend Christmas? "We had our little Spear Family Christmas Thursday evening 12/23, Christmas Eve was the big Spear Family Christmas at Chris' Grandparent's house in Columbus, Christmas Day was at Chris' Parent's house, and Sunday 12/26 was spent with my family in Chanute!"

21. Did you fall in love in 2010? "I wouldn't say I fell in love with anyone/anything new, but I am definitely more in love with my family and friends."

22. What was your favorite TV program? "Criminal Minds! I still love it!"

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? "No. I'm really trying to grow out of my angry-ness!"

24. What was the best book you read? "I'm not a reader, never have been. The only books I've read this year are children's books with Jack! Right now our favorite is "A Mud Pie For Mother."

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? "Ke$ha - LOL"

26. What did you want and get? "A Mother's Ring - I got it for my birthday!"

27. What did you want and not get? "A new house."

28. What was your favorite film of this year? "We watch so many movies I can't pick just one! Some memorable ones are The Hangover, The Last Song, Twilight Eclipse..."

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? "I seriously can't remember, but I turned 27."

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? "Not having to replace our roof, listing and selling our house, buying a BIGGER house!"

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? "Dresses and Leggings!"

32. What kept you sane? "Medication! - Seriously!"

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? "The Kardashians!"

34. What political issue stirred you the most? "Health Care Reform - seriously why have Over The Counter medicine if starting Jan. 1 2011 you have to have a prescription from your doctor for those medicines if you want to use your Flexible Spending Card? So DUMB!"

35. Who did you miss the most? "I miss not seeing my friends as often as I wish I could."

36. Who was the best new person you met? "I'd say my new favorite friend is Kortney Bevins - she started working at Watco back in September and I love her! She is genuine, low drama, her husband and Chris get along great and their little boy Ford is adorable! And another awesome fact - Ryan (Kortney's husband) is cousins with Gregory - one of Chris' best friends!"

37. Tell a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010. "Plan for the unexpected!"

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "We R Who We R - Ke$ha."

No comments: